June 26, 2009

Summer break



Vacation period has started.
We put the horses out on pasture on Monday evening, and moved out to our summer cottage.
I have this wonderful feeling inside me every summer when we take off the halters and let the horses free on the green grass.
It does them so good, both physically and mentally.
I am convinced it keeps them sounder in the long run.

When the temperature goes up, when the ground gets hard and dusty and the flies starts to multiply I find that it is nice to get a horse break too.
Suddenly I find out how other people manage to get all those things done that I never seem to get around doing normally.
Cleaning the house.
Get a haircut.
Wash the car.
Whatever.
So now I'm looking forward to enjoy the summer, without the horses. The weather here has been really nice the last week, and it seems as if it will stay that way next week too.

I wish you all a superduper extraordinary relaxing and enjoyable summer!

Can't play photomodel now. Gotta eat, see. Hmmm...Left? Right?

6 comments:

Le vieux said...

Oh, please tell me, you wise girl.
Those people, where do you find them and how do they do?

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

What a great break for both you and the horses! Enjoy your summer!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

It sounds relaxing, and everything is so green!

Grey Horse Matters said...

I agree with you that horses need a break too, just like we do. Hope you all enjoy a lovely summer with wonderful weather and lots of peaceful relaxation.

Once Upon an Equine said...

HOC, please drop by my blog to retrieve you Honest Scrap award: http://onceuponanequine.blogspot.com/2009/06/honest-scrap-award.html

Irene said...

Hoppas du får en riktigt härlig sommar!