April 03, 2010

HAPPY EASTER



I wish you all a Happy Easter!

This year it seems as if we better enjoy it inside, as outside it is rain, sleet and snow.
Of course, to us daunting Horsepeople that doesn't matter much.
Out and about in all types of weather, we are.
As they say here in Norway; "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing".
Hmpff.

I believe I have had my share of snow now.

I want to curl up in a sunny corner and feel the warmth of sun in my face, to feel that spring finally has arrived.
It is spring enough to have the stable yard turned into a mud bath though.
Muckboots are just one of the best inventions ever!

Comes highly recommended

The arenas are no better, so I have been up early to be able to ride in the indoor arena nearby.

The weather forecast says it will be some sun tomorrow.
I am crossing my fingers.

In the meantime, it is salmon for dinner. Yummy!

Enjoy your Easter!

11 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Happy Easter to you too. Glad you are riding even though the weather is less than perfect right now.

Wolfie said...

Happy Easter, HoC! Don't worry - warmer weather is just around the corner!

The Odyssey Farm said...

Happy Easter HoC!! wishing you sunny skies, dry arenas, shedding ponies, and warm temps soon!

Once Upon an Equine said...

Yum! Salmon! I hope you get your spring sunshine. I love my muck boots too.

allhorsestuff said...

Hi there and thanks for the wishes for Easter blessings!
I pray you are well...though cold and riding with really good clothes! Mee too...I am going today-no-matter-what!
Haha! The weather guy said no more wind...I can handle much without that!
Loved your evening dinner..tasty and healthy!
Take a sweet little winter ride and hug your horse...warm is on the way~
KK

Siri said...

Happy Easter Maria!
I hope the arena will improove soon :)

RuckusButt said...

Happy Easter! I love that saying, it would serve us well in Canada too! I have been fortunate to have fantastic weather this weekend though!

mugwump said...

What a beautiful meal! What are the greens?
Thank you for your worry. Life has been a little bumpy lately, but I'm working on it.

HorseOfCourse said...

Thanks for your comments and nice wishes everyone!

Mugs - I hope things have improved?
The greens are baked fennel and a green salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, pomegranate and pine nuts (hope I got the translation right!)

Anonymous said...

Greetings HoC! I'm coming over from Mugwumps site and must say you have a beautiful blog! I love the pictures! Having just completed a photo course I can appreciate the quality of your eye and the resulting photo!! Gorgeous! By the way, I give thanks for my muck boots everyday, especially today when it's windy and rainy!! Belated Easter Blessings to you too!

HorseOfCourse said...

Hi mommyrides (love your name!) and welcome!

I will pass on your nice comment about the photos to my daughter, as she is the one taking the good photos (I am just taking the ones on trail). She will be very happy for your kind words!

And yes, the muck boots are wonderful. Whether it is freezing cold with snow, or as it is now, deep mud. Comes in handy whatever.