March 13, 2009

Wildlife audience

I was training at our outdoor arena this evening together with my daughter.


My daughter had bought a bareback pad/saddle (whatever you call it) when we were down at the WC in Gothenburg, and I got her permission to try it out.
Suddenly my daughter stops her horse and says "We've got audience"
"Huh?" I say, occupied in keeping Fame between the aids in a shoulder-in.

I look up at where she points, and there stands a moose.


No, two moose.
Our neighbour keeps the hay in a building where one of the sides are open.
So here we have Mummy Moose and Baby Moose having a nice Friday evening with dinner and entertainment...


Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures.
It was getting dark, and I only had the camera on my cell phone.

They were really close, just some 15 m off, and Mum grabbed an mouthful and then took a couple of steps to watch what we were doing on our horses. Baby moose was munching away all the time. You can see his butt sticking out.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Blev inte hästarna rädda? Mötte 2 älgar i skogen i höstas o den ena hästen blev så rädd att hon skakade. Den andre brydde sig inte.

HorseOfCourse said...

Nä, de är vana. Vimlar av älgar överallt, gäsp ;-)